Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org Our meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the meeting room of the fire station at 3333 Lake Rd., Medway. Work Sessions are usually held at 4:30 on the 1st and 3rd Thrusdays at the same location.
Township Accepting Applications For Fiscal Officer
The position of Township Fiscal Officer is a part-time position paying $23,000 per year plus full medical and retirement benefits, as determined by state law. Melanie Cochran Dunbar has been Bethel Township's fiscal officer for almost 14 years, but is leaving soon to embark on a full-time career that is perfect for her interests and abilities. She has been an integral part of the township's government and a joy to work with, and we wish her all the best. She will work closely with the person chosen to fill her position to ensure a smooth transition.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITION
- You MUST be a resident of Bethel Township and a registered voter to accept this position (state law)
- The successful applicant will have a detail oriented mind, and financial and computer experience
- The township uses the UAN accounting program developed by the State of Ohio, and some calculations are also done on Excel. You will be trained on use of UAN by the outgoing fiscal officer
- Your responsibilities will include taking meeting minutes, doing payroll for approximately 70 employees, paying bills, preparing financial statements, and doing budgeting for a $3.5-$4 million budget
- You will have two part-time assistants
- You will work in a low key small office environment where you can generally arrange hours with your assistants so it is convenient for all; however attendance is also required at set meetings
- While you will initally be hired into this position, you will be required to run for re-election every four years
- Resumes may be mailed or hand delivered to: Bethel Township Trustees, 3333 Lake Rd., Medway OH 45341.
Bethel Township is located in the southwestern corner of Clark County, Ohio. Here you can live in the country while only minutes from Springfield, Huber Heights, and Dayton.
We are an expanding community dedicated to maintaining our rural identity, preserving our heritage, and balancing our growth. Bethel Township is bordered by the cities of New Carlisle, Fairborn, and Huber Heights. Township students are educated by the outstanding teachers of the Tecumseh Local School District.
To opt into or out of the Bethel Township gas or electric aggregation program, either mail or fax a copy of your utility bill and a signed letter stating your wishes to:Electric Governmental Aggregation Program
P.O. Box 9060
Dublin, Ohio 43017-9060
Contact person Scott:
For information about utility scams First Energy has information on their website at https://www.firstenergycorp.com/help/safety/scam-info.html